The submission period for 2019's Hometown For The Holidays is open!
The grand prize winner will score a gig as the opening act at Channel 93.3's Not So Silent Night in 2020. The best live band performance, as voted on at the show, will score $1,000 and recording time at Blasting Room Studios.
So you've decided to submit a song for Channel 93.3's Hometown for the Holidays ... excellent!
Before you submit your song, please read over the guidelines below. Failure to do so might result in your song being out of the running right from the get-go:
- Please ensure your band is available to play a gig the night of Saturday, December 21, 2019.
- By submitting your song, you agree to release your song to be played on air and released on a Hometown For The Holidays compilation CD and/or digital download album without compensation.
- Are you able to promote your entry in the contest through your own social media accounts? (Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/etc.)
- We're looking for ORIGINAL songs only, not a cover, to be played on the air on Channel 93.3. So make sure your song is a high-quality studio recording, and ensure that it's a genre that we might play on Channel 93.3.
- Only ONE song submission per band. If we receive more than one song from a band, we will delete them ALL, and none of them will be considered. Choose the song you think would work best on Channel 93.3. Make sure your band has agreed on which song to submit, and who is going to submit it. You don't want the singer and drummer each submitting a song, therefore cancelling each other out.Please make sure the song is in .mp3 format. No .wav files, no .ogg files, no .wma files.
- Song must be no larger than 20mb.
- Make sure the song is ready for airplay. We will not do a "radio edit" for you. No FCC-unfriendly language, please. If you have any questions about one of your lyrics, feel free to e-mail Alf (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let him know what the lyric is. He'll let you know if it's acceptable or not.
- Make sure you send us the full track. For some reason, we've had bands send us 30-second snippets. Don't be one of these bands.
- Please rename the song file (Your Band Name) - (Song Title). So if your band is Great Colorado Band, and your song is entitled "Best Song in the World", rename the mp3 Great Colorado Band - Best Song in the World.
- Make sure you have a valid e-mail address where we can contact you.Include a contact name and phone number.
- Any other questions before submitting? Contact Alf at email@example.com and let him know. He'll get back to you with any further info you might need.
- OK, you've got your song picked out. You've converted it to .mp3 and you've named it correctly.
Now all you have to do is submit it! Fill out the form down below and submit your song. Once you submit your song, look for an e-mail from us in the next couple of days confirming your submission. We'll be listening to all the submissions on or around Wednesday, December 4.
Then we’ll announce the top bands at Not So Silent Night on Thursday, December 5. You’ll receive an e-mail the following week if you are one of the selected bands with details.
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Friday, November 29, 2019.